Posting Title :
Territory Partner Business Manager – Spain
About Us :
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 11,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division :
The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. In 2007, VMware experienced 88% year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts.
Why work with our group :
The Commercial Account team is managed by the Territory Manager (TM.) The commercial team manages a specific geographic area vs a named account list. The commercial segment is a 100% partner sales fulfilled role. The Territory Manager’s primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned commercial market territory through leveraging the partner sales community. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions.
Job Description :
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most dynamic IT sales organizations in the Spain. VMware's growth over the past year is unparalleled in enterprise software. As such, VMware is recruiting for an exciting hybrid role; a Territory Partner Business Manager (TPBM). The role will be reporting into the District Manager, Enterprise & Territory Accounts - Spain. The successful applicant will have two primary areas of responsibility:
1) Territory Management:
He/she will be responsible for selling the complete VMware solution offerings within a specific territory in Spain The key objective will be to develop, manage and accurately forecast opportunities to maximize VMware sales from their specific territory. There will be a revenue quota for the territory – as such, the TPBM will be expected to implement a territory plan to achieve this objective. This plan will include maximizing sales and alignment coverage, identifying the virtual team that will help them deliver the revenue from that territory – as well as identifying the routes to market for the opportunities within that territory. Additionally, the TPBM will be expected to develop and work with internal Partner Business Managers (iPBM) to achieve this revenue goal.
2) Partner Management:
- Develop and lead the “go to market” plan for the designated territory. This plan will include: activity prioritisation, defining of key focus accounts, qualifying and agreeing a key short list of key partners to maximise territory sales coverage (Distribution, Reseller, OEM, ISV, SI/SO), agreeing joint go to market plans with such partners.
- Liaise closely with iPBM and marketing to maximize territory coverage and create demand within the territory.
- Own and exceed the territory revenue quota including accurately forecasting to closure of sales within the defined territory. Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
- Engage directly with the end customer during the buying cycle as required and appropriate (depending on opportunity size or strategic importance). Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within customers and partners
- Identify new business drivers that drive transactional territory business
- Able to sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a ‘cost burden’ to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
The selling to and management of a number of VMware Resellers - developing strategic relationships and significantly increasing the revenue driven through each of those partners. The TPBM will be expected to manage large opportunities and incremental revenue through their relationships with their Resellers/Partners; establish and grow VMware practices expertise within the Partners to strengthen VMware market place – and establish our capabilities around Virtualization, Cloud, Application management and End User Computing (EUC) as key components of IT strategy that is embraced and promoted by their Resellers/Partners
- Build specific Business Plans for their major partners – defining key goals, objectives and associated action plans: ensure the business plans cover sales training, technical enablement, lead generation and marketing activities as well as maintaining partner competency accreditation
- Present to and educate key technical influencers at the Reseller/Partner to ensure they are including VMware in their recommended solutions/proposals to customers
- Create direct relationships with key Resellers management team and map to VMware management and establish contractual relationships with the key Resellers
- Market and sell to the both their Resellers/Partners relevant practices, such as Cloud, Virtualisation and infrastructure management as well as Application Management and End User Computing
- Map Resellers field organization to VMware field organization, including technical resources where appropriate
Ad hoc information:
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise software sales with a proven track record of over achieving sales goals ; minimum 5 years successful sales background in infrastructure software sales
- Experience of working in a channel environment
- Good presentation skills - as well as strong relationship skills
- Reseller/Partner management and Direct Sales experience
- Experience and knowledge of working with channel partners in Spain. Ideally includes established relationships that can assist you in quickly developing your territory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills: relationship building, influencing - including the ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products to secure long-term commitments
- Tenacious, self-motivated and focused - ability to maintain high sales activity levels. Adept in managing many opportunities simultaneously, high energy, motivated self starter
- Focus on results with ability to follow through - Strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Good attention to detail
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
Requisition Number :
- hace 11 meses