ABC Contract Services are currently looking for a Site Engineer to work on a Military Shipbuilding project in Spain
Site Engineer Responsibilities -
The activities performed by the Engineers will be directed by end Client, the role is advisory in capacity.
Site Engineer Qualifications & Requirements -
- To be a point of contact with Client for installation matters.
- To build relationships with Client and its sub-contractors.
- To provide engineering and liaison assistance on-site to the shipbuilder, as part of an Integrated Production Team, with the detailed planning and scheduling of all WHDE installation activities.
- To provide first-hand advice in resolving problems and identifying recovery scenarios as necessary, using own knowledge and experience of WHDE.
- To support the identification, investigation and resolution of issues.
- To provide a direct line of communication to the design authority to co-ordinate the answering of queries.
- To liaise with the shipbuilder on equipment delivery schedules and to advise of the status and demands of the installation programme.
- To assist in ensuring availability of all appropriate installation prerequisites: drawings, documents and special installation tooling.
- To support issues found on equipment receipt and quality documentation checks, through advising on matters such as loose items shipped with assemblies, and interpretation of paperwork. This will provide support to the shipbuilder as preparation is made for installation of equipment.
- To liaise with customer quality assurance representatives on any other quality issues with supplied equipment.
- To provide assistance and technical support, to assist the shipbuilder in ensuring that the requirements of the Installation Guidance Procedures (IGPs) are met. This includes all elements of WHDE alignment.
- To provide assistance in the interpretation of drawings and documents.
- To attend meetings or reviews with the shipbuilder.
- To assist the shipbuilder with minimising technical and programme risks.
- To assist the shipbuilder with the despatch of any equipment returns.
- Experience of design, manufacturing or installation of Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge equipment.
- Confident personality. * Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- ONC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. * Spanish language skills (Advantage not Essential)
- Ability to work under own initiative
ABC Contract Services - hace 16 meses