Valoraciones de American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.

Mostrando las 751 valoraciones
Ordenar por: Utilidad | Calificación | Fecha
Cultura laboral
offer a very safe place to work.
Asembler (Antiguo empleado) –  Charleston, SC26 febrero 2020
I didn't know the job was relocating as soon as it did from the
Charleston location. I probably would have taken another job
opportunity with longevity. the overall job experience was good.
I was heavy equipment maxhanic in plant 3
Fork truck mechanic (Antiguo empleado) –  Detroit MI26 febrero 2020
American axle was a great place to work I had no problems with anyone on the plant floor the only time there were problems was when a piece of equipment needed new parts management would be upset due to cost of parts . Most of the time we were told to take old parts off other equipment the get the piece of equipment running g
The Good and The bad
Forklift Operator (Antiguo empleado) –  Three Rivers, MI26 febrero 2020
I loved what I did but the training was not good. They switched me two different times. They switched me from forklift to tugger of the RDM line to working on a different line.
Cultura laboral
Es una empresa no segura para el empleado.
Operador (Antiguo empleado) –  Kingsford, MI23 febrero 2020
Las condiciones de la empresa son pésimas y la seguridad respiratoria para el empleado es la peor, cuando llueve también llueve adentro y se mojan casi todo lo eléctrico arriesgando la seguridad del el personal
Pros
Buenos empleados
Contras
El techo de casi toda la compañía no sirve y la seguridad respiratoria no sirve
Cultura laboral
Expect to be laid off by the disrespectful management
Production Worker (Antiguo empleado) –  Three Rivers, MI20 febrero 2020
I didn't even make it to 90 days of employment before I was laid off without warning and then later officially terminated. I was laid off purely because I was new and low on the totem pole, absolutely nothing to do with my work ethic. Management sees you as a number and not a person. You often wouldn't find out if you were mandated to work the weekend until late friday night. Stay away.
Expect to challenge yourself
Technician (Empleado actual) –  Auburn Hills, MI20 febrero 2020
You will only go as far as you limit yourself, and you will work hard to get there. There are plenty of opportunities to grow at AAM-AHM, but they're not going to just be handed to you.

Management team is still young and learning how to coalesce as a unit, and at times communication falls through the cracks while eyes stay "on the prize". They do a good job of recognizing those who put in the effort to keep growing. Don't expect a participation trophy, and you can find a lot of satisfaction with your work.

There is still the unpredictable human element, so you need to be mature enough to understand that it's a job and not a party. Show up, walk the walk, and move up.
Pros
Good pay, recognition, benefits, opportunity
Contras
Young management team, high volume of work hours
Great company
Machine Operator Quality Control Assembler (Antiguo empleado) –  Auburn Hills, MI20 febrero 2020
Great company good benefits Fair pay facility is clean a very strict attendance policy besides that a very good opportunity if you're looking to move up
Pros
Weekly pay
Very strict attendance policy
Cultura laboral
Wast of time and energy.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Antiguo empleado) –  Rochester, IN19 febrero 2020
Was supposed to be a forklift operator. No. I would do a different job everyday because of short staffing because everyone quits. They're supposed to hire you with a 90 working days but that's not the case. I work there for over 6 months and never even got mentioned for full time. They have layoffs all the time. Management couldn't even be trusted with a paper route. They don't have money for anything they say, not even for your work materials such as gloves. 7 days a week 10 hours a day. And you will be fired for literally no reason.
Doesn't care.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Empleado actual) –  Three Rivers, MI18 febrero 2020
They don't care about their employees. They abuse the people who work hard and reward the lazy workers. The Union's hands are tie to much to help you on anyway.
Alot
Politics, Nepotism, Poor Work/Life balance
Information Technology Specialist (Antiguo empleado) –  Southfield, MI16 febrero 2020
Get ready to be treated like a machine. Poor work/life balance. Work environment is similar to old school 90s Chrysler culture. Upper level management plays the politics game. They don't get the hint even though there is an obvious employee turn around/poor retention. Doesn't take a genius to understand that they need to change things around. During my time there I saw many skilled co-workers leave for the same reasons that I've stated. Pay is good, but money doesn't buy happiness. No sense of quality of life.
Cultura laboral
Dirty, stinky place to work
quality inspection (Antiguo empleado) –  Bluffton, IN13 febrero 2020
Hot, stinky, dirty place to work. Oily air. Oil so thick in the air you can see it, AND BREATHE IT! I quit there because of the poor air quality. Not worth breathing that stuff in all day long! If they improved the air quality, it'd be a decent place to work overall.
Great place
Line Leader (Antiguo empleado) –  Detroit, MI12 febrero 2020
Very great place to work they were ok flexible hours zero tardiness policy clean doesn't offer much opportunity for advancement manager was nice always work on the line good overtime
good company
CNC Machining Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  Ridgway, PA6 febrero 2020
work life balance not the best. good hard working people at this facility. worked above and beyond what is asked of them daily. good supervisors but sometimes their hands are tied to help the people on the floor
Cultura laboral
This Company has been growing so fast and providing a lot of jobs to the community and surrounding areas.
Journeyman Quality Analysts (Empleado actual) –  Minerva, OH6 febrero 2020
American Axle & Manufacturing in Minerva, Ohio is a Company that I love going to work for everyday! I am currently a Journeyman Quality Analyst there and I love my job!
As far as overtime, there is all the overtime that you want available. Some overtime is mandated if you didn't sign up for the weekends, but you do get days off. I usually work 56 + hours a week which includes some 12 hour days (when required) by my choice to sign up for overtime.
Our Quality Department is always busy and I love what I do!
Fortunately this is a very busy Company!! You can make a very good living here. Management is very supportive and very helpful to everyone. It is a very clean, climate controlled environment to work in with a lot of great coworkers that are willing to help you.
They have a great Safety Program which all employees attend Safety Meetings every Monday at the start of their shift. (Safety is #1)
This Company focuses on Safety, Quality and Production.
There is a lot of room for advancement into skilled trade positions which is based on seniority. Some job bids are for Journeyman positions and some are for Apprenticeship positions which are always posted when available. (Maintenance, Quality Assurance, CNC Tech)
For Apprenticeship Positions, they will train you on the job as well as send you to School to obtain your Journeyman's Card in the Department that you bid into.
The Medical, Dental, Prescription,Optical Benefits are great at a weekly low cost.

I do not want to work anywhere but at American Axle & Manufacturing in Minerva, Ohio!!!!

If you want an opportunity
  más... for a great job and career with a great company, American Axle & Manufacturing is where you need to apply to!  menos
Sold our facility
Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  New Castle, IN5 febrero 2020
AAM sold the facility that I worked at as part of a group sale. They did not give us a raise for the calendar year of 2019, pushing it back from January to July then none at all until we were sold. Bad business practice towards the employees. Otherwise it's a good place to work.
friendly, hard-working employees
CNC Machinist (Antiguo empleado) –  Minerva, OH4 febrero 2020
A lot of standing. I got a lot of assistance from others who knew the machines I was working on. My supervisor was easy-going and helpful to me and the other employees.
American axle is a joke
Machine Operator (Antiguo empleado) –  Bluffton, IN29 enero 2020
American axle is a complete joke 1) the Human Resources Do Not do their job at all. Instead a outside company that gives you the run around does
2) the hours are only good if you have no life 19 days straight and 2 days off if you're lucky.
3) management does not know how to do their job like scheduling
Great place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Antiguo empleado) –  Three Rivers, MI28 enero 2020
This facility was very straight forward, job is laid out for you, instructions are given from more experienced workers and training is done on the job
Empresa boa
Operador de Fabricação - Multifuncional III (Antiguo empleado) –  Araucária, PR25 enero 2020
Boa empresa paga direitinho ambiente tranquilo bons benefícios
Ok
Tecnico de calidad (Antiguo empleado) –  Ensambles y maquinados de flechas cardan23 enero 2020
Excelente enpresa para desarrollarse en el medio laboral automotriz
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?NoDenunciar
Este perfil ya ha sido reclamado

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.

Haz una pregunta