Valoraciones de The North Face

Mostrando las 417 valoraciones
Ordenar por: Utilidad | Calificación | Fecha
Great company
Selling Supervisor (Antiguo empleado) –  Albertville, MN16 julio 2019
This was a good place to work, giving me management experience. Good working environment and the company takes good care of you. id gladly go back to this job.
Pros
discounts, benefits, good pay
Cultura laboral
I really liked working there
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Orlando, FL11 julio 2019
Everyone was really kind and welcoming. The job was sometimes stressful but honestly I didn’t mind it, the energy was good and it’s overall a good brand to work for. No complaints.
Easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Seattle, WA5 julio 2019
You have to have knowledge of product and basic retail work experience in order to succeed, but besides that it's not too difficult. People in the store are great to work with, but corporate management can make it difficult (eg not sending enough product; unrealistic expectations; etc).
Fun Workplace, Corporate Needs Improvement
Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Bethesda, MD25 junio 2019
Work isn't too challenging and it's a good work atmosphere. Management is fairly understanding. Corporate could use some improvement (by listening to individual stores).
Pros
Great Discount
Not easy to move up
Satisfying workplace
Sales Assistant (Antiguo empleado) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 junio 2019
Whilst working here I met great employees and lovely customers to who I could build a rapport with to understand their needs and wants better. Working here allowed me to build my confidence and how to deal with different customers every day.
Pros
Great relationships with everyone
Parking in the area
Professional and fun
Sales Assistant (Antiguo empleado) –  Bath15 junio 2019
My desired role when working in retail was a relaxed environment where workers could work hard and enjoy, The North Face was exactly that. Working there as a sales advisor helped me become more relaxed and confident whilst working with customers.
Pros
Well payed
Short breaks
Great company
Sales Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  Birmingham, AL14 junio 2019
Great company to work for. Learned many things that apply to where I am at in life now. Very flexible with your schedule and are very considerate of your needs.
1,0
Cultura laboral
They should stick to online sales and destination locations
Stock Supervisor (Antiguo empleado) –  St. Louis, MO11 junio 2019
Was apart of the management team opening their new location in St.Louis.
Stock supervisor role isnt too challenging but their technology and processes are lackluster at best. Still working off of AS400 no store level insight of your inventory.

Our store was open for 9 months without a store manager, rest of the team had to step up and increase their roles which caused increased levels of stress and confusion.

I did not have a great experience there and I will just leave it at that. Would not recommend to someone looking for a career move or with other available options.
Great retail opportunity
Assistant Manager (Empleado actual) –  Peabody, MA10 junio 2019
If your looking for a job in retail, The North Face is a great company to be a part of. The brand is centered in the outdoors and encourages it's employees to get out and explore as well.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?No 1Denunciar
3,0
Cultura laboral
Great part time / first job
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Woodburn, OR4 junio 2019
Good summer job for teens or as a first job to put on the resume , works with hours for you fast paced some days great discount 50% off in store and other things
Pros
Discounts and flexible
Not a career
Only con was management
Sales Supervisor (Antiguo empleado) –  SoHo, NY28 mayo 2019
The North Face is a great company to work for and this is displayed by the amount of time people stay with the company. You really have to work your way up because they don't do outside hires often. Amazing discount and company culture (for the most part)..
Pros
bonus, salary, discount, product
messy management at times
Great employee discount
Designer Athletic Wear (Antiguo empleado) –  San Francisco, CA24 mayo 2019
Great brand to work for great product really cool store discounts with local northface related brands timberlins vans exc. 50% off for employees. super fun job.
Pros
discount
Contras
lots of product learning quality
Cool Place to Work
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Vacaville, CA18 mayo 2019
Cool place to work, the employee discount isn't that great. Nice staff who treat their employees very well, they make very flexible schedules and look out for employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 1NoDenunciar
Great place to work at
SALES SUPERVISOR (Empleado actual) –  Rehoboth Beach, DE17 mayo 2019
Great place to work at. Staff is pleasant and the company awards their associate per sales by offering incentives to them. I love that the company does great things for the environment.
Pros
Offers incentives
Contras
Hours can minimize during slow season
Cultura laboral
Ambiente perfetto e davvero stimolante
Commesso (Antiguo empleado) –  Bologna, Emilia-Romagna1 mayo 2019
in the north face mi sono trovato davvero bene, sfortunatamente per problemi personali ho dovuto trasferirmi, amo far il commesso e posso dire che sono stato davvero bene
Pros
Bellissimo posto di lavoro
parcheggio leggermente lontano
1,0
Cultura laboral
"Exceptional workplace culture" is totally bogus.
Part Time Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Tannersville, PA25 abril 2019
I got a position as a part time sales associate. I had to wait 3 weeks to even start, after going in twice when I was "supposed" to start, but was told that "We don't have anyone here to train you right now."

As someone who lived 30 miles from the location, I had to work a minimum of 4 hours to even make it worth my time. To drive in twice and be told "Sorry, you aren't working", was highly annoying. I finally got in for my first day the three weeks later, and wasn't even trained. I was told to watch a video, (and I did), and because they were "short-staffed", I was put onto the sales floor.

Now, I'm not saying I'm not happy because they put me onto the sales floor. I'm unhappy because after the excuses, they had the audacity to put an "untrained associate" onto the floor, after bouncing me around for three weeks because I "NEEDED" the training.

In the end, I did 100% fine, made sales pretty easily.

I am told to call in the next day, for the schedule. So, I did. I was told (and I started on the Thursday of week 3.) That my next day working, was NEXT SATURDAY. So I grinned and bared it, and said whatever.

Easter Sunday, I'm busy doing some side work (Detailing cars), and I get a call from an assistant manager, asking me if I can make it in, for 4 hours. I tell them yes, get off the phone, then realize I'm making more money with my cars, so I told them no. The manager got snappy and told me not to "deny" shifts after accepting them.

I get a call the next day, asking me to pickup a shift for the Friday of this week. I accept, and the night before the shift, I
  más... call in to make SURE, that I am working.

Well, nobody ever put it anywhere, because officially I am not on the schedule for the next day.

Now, I don't think it's a bad job, it's actually a lot of fun, talking to people all day and helping them get what they need. It is just the simple fact that they are willing to toss around their own employees like piñatas because they want to gyp you out of your hours, and then give you a slight nod and say "oopsie!"

It might be a decent brand, but it's a terrible job.
  menos
Pros
60% Discount on any item in the store
Contras
Terrible hours, lack of communication
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 2NoDenunciar
stock sales
Stock Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  New York, NY24 abril 2019
my job descriptions at the north face, was to unload the trucks of boxes and take them down to the basement and unload the boxes and place the items where they belong.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 1NoDenunciar
Good Team
Sales Person (Antiguo empleado) –  Raleigh, NC19 abril 2019
North face taught me alot about customer communication

I worked sales so i would help customers find what they were looking for while i tried to meed a sales target each day.

Overall a good experience, team was good to work with and taught me a lot about retail.
Horaire
Vendeuse (Empleado actual) –  Mirabel, QC9 abril 2019
Pas d'heures à moins de faire parti de la gestion puisque la compagnie VF n'offre que des positions à temps partiels.
great place to grow
Assistant Technical Designer (Empleado actual) –  Alameda, CA9 abril 2019
Goal oriented teams , very communicative and respectful people to work with. Great place to learn about different product category. hours can be longer than average on the design team. Great management with friendly supervision.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?NoDenunciar
Este perfil ya ha sido reclamado

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en The North Face. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.

Haz una pregunta