Valoraciones de Urban Planet

Mostrando las 384 valoraciones
Ordenar por: Utilidad | Calificación | Fecha
It was ok
SALES ASSOCIATE (Antiguo empleado) –  Sunrise, FL20 septiembre 2019
They were closing so i got the job without interview the clothing was ok it was a perfect first job i folded clothes got out of my comfort zone talked to customers who needed any assistance and etc.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Empleado actual) –  Tsawwassen, BC9 septiembre 2019
Working at Urban Planet has been quite a fun experience. It's a positive environment and everyone gets along great. In my year working there I've been taught so many useful skills that will stick with me for all my future jobs.
Cultura laboral
Fun and friendly workplace with helpful co-workers
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Ajax, ON3 septiembre 2019
A typical day at work consisted of keeping the clothes organized all around the store. I would never NOT be refolding, replacing, and putting things where they belong. I was always on my feet at a fast pace. Alongside this, I would greet customers, ask them if they need any help, and deal with any concerns they may have. Doing this as a job taught me how to stay organized, how to be patient with others, and also taught me the importance of customer service and staying on task.

The overall vibe of Urban Planet was very lively. The store was constantly blasting dance music that kept me going and on my feet. The workers were always very friendly and cheerful, and that helped me radiate the same attitude to customers.

The hardest part of my job was probably trying to find where specific clothing items were kept in the store. If a clothing item was out of place, it would always be either super easy to find and I could put it back right away, or it would be more on the difficult side and I would take longer to find where it belongs. Since Urban Planet sells so many products, and sometimes even so many styles of the SAME product (I think they have around 30-40 different styles of jeans) it got a bit tricky at times to find. Majority of the time, however, I was able to do this with ease.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my job as a whole. I never not wanted to work, surprisingly. I always wanted to be busy and let the time fly on its own. Luckily, I was able to do so at Urban Planet. I was always helping something or someone, and that to me was very enjoyable in itself.
  más... To anyone interested in working for retail, just know that you cannot get distracted and you must keep up with the pace. This also means to NEVER BE IDLE AND STAND THERE unless you're in charge of greeting customers at the storefront or something. Other than that, in a place where many, many products are sold, there is always something that needs cleaning, replacing, etc. and there is always someone who needs help.  menos
Cultura laboral
An amazing work place with great hard working people.
Retail Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Hamilton, ON22 agosto 2019
Loved every second and moment while working there, with a great team and understanding people and management staff as well, and flexible work hours.
-Wouldn't change it for the world sadly had to move.
Cultura laboral
Fun & exciting, very engaging work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Fairview, ON11 agosto 2019
Although the hours were a little hard balance work/life, it was always a good time and I never wokeup dreading to go to work! Super fun team and easy tasks made work very enjoyable if Inwere doing cashier or sales/stock that day!
Pros
Super positive space
Never a dull moment
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Concord, ON8 agosto 2019
Urban Planet was a great opportunity to learn new responsibilities and positions. The workplace culture maintains a positive work environment and the people there are very friendly to newcomers within the workforce.
Productive and fun job
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  CF fairview Mall30 julio 2019
Working in a crowded area is always fun and easy to communicate with people and solve their problem right away when needed. Team management at this job is a must in such a huge place like this retail job.
Cultura laboral
Management was not very good
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Philadelphia, PA13 julio 2019
The job to start off was pretty good. I enjoyed it learned a lot about being a sales associate. Only down was management was very poorly and it could have been better.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 1NoDenunciar
Cultura laboral
Fun people to try talk to and hang out but mangers is not nice
Manager in Training (Antiguo empleado) –  Moncton, NB11 julio 2019
I would go in to work in a good mood and severing customers cashiers and mangers said mean stuff and make me cry alone the other employees there are nice
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?No 1Denunciar
Cultura laboral
Filled with energy and good vibes.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  North York, ON11 julio 2019
Management & employees are super nice, great attitudes towards the job and I feel very comfortable here. It is a fast paced environment but it is easy.
Pros
20% employee discount on top of discounts already
2,0
Very busy and unorganized
Sales Associate/Cashier (Antiguo empleado) –  Brampton, ON10 julio 2019
Urban planet is an OK place to work. Management gives out the schedule for each week the day before we could possibly be scheduled to work. This made it very hard to balance my personal life being that I wouldn’t know if I was work during week until the night prior. Management is pretty strict when it comes to working around their employees schedules. If we needed a day off, it’s like we are bothering the manager by asking for that day off. It gets very frustrating when this happens and makes the job a little harder. The work itself is pretty simple and easy. Also, the employees here only get 10 minute breaks for working 5 hours, I don’t know the exact laws about the break times but it seems a little short, we barely got any time to eat a bite of our food. If you can deal with arrogant employees (not all of them) and ill mannered customers, you’ll do great!
Pros
Never a boring environment to work in
10 minute breaks, arrogant managers
Great Place
Backroom Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  Kingston, ON28 junio 2019
The co workers and managers were really nice people and i enjoyed my time there quite a bit. Opening the new store was stressful but i learned a lot in the process.
Pros
people, atmosphere
lots of pressure initially
2,0
Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Philadelphia, PA26 junio 2019
While working with this company I learned a lot. I believe it helped improve my communication skills and costumer skills, along with being able to work flexible hours. I was very disappointed when I learned they don’t switch positions, it’s always the same people working the registers.
1,0
Cultura laboral
don't bother working here.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Toronto, ON24 junio 2019
if you're planning to work here, say bye to your social life. it's worse than school. you're here 85% of your day almost everyday of the week. the on-call scheduling is messy. the managers will call you in work even when you're not schduled (whether on-call or not scheduled at all, THEY WILL CALL YOU TO WORK). the managers don't know how to schdule their workers. you'll never be able to make time for your friends OR FAMILY because they will eventually call you in to work, sometimes even earlier than you were originally schduled. i understand from time to time managers need their employees to come in a little early, BUT almost everyday for almost every shift? i don't think so. they schdule their employees as if the employees don't have lives outside of work. they RARELY allow two weekends off in a row, and if they do allow it, they will get mad at you for it. moreover, they may seem nice and a "chill place to work" but sometimes they treat their employees with disrespect and and they joke around with them to the point where it seems rude and hurtful. overall, management is messy with schduling and how they do things around the store, and how they treat their employees. there are better places to work where you can get the same experience and skills but with better treatment and respect as an employee and a human being.

IF I COULD GIVE ZERO STARS I WOULD.
Pros
easily hired but probably because they're desperate.
Contras
the list of cons wouldn't override the system.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 2No 1Denunciar
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Edmonton, AB14 junio 2019
During the time I was working there management was going through a rough patch. It was difficult because each leader would tell you something different so I personally wasn't sure what to do and what not to do. However once management got figured out it was a great company to work for. It was never a dull moment. The workers were great.
Pros
Great company
Customers were extremely disrespectful
Cultura laboral
Exciting environment with exciting people
Customer Service Representative (Antiguo empleado) –  Oshawa, ON11 junio 2019
Working for Urban planet was an eye opening experience, pertaining specifically to my abilities to multi task. I’m doing so, I’ve realized that this company was able to teach me new things with positive encouragement and an inviting tone.
Pros
Hours
Salary
Cultura laboral
Enjoyable atmosphere, Good first time job
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Surrey, BC11 junio 2019
It's a good place to work if you are trying to get customer service experience, if the hours are available, management is really good about providing you with flexible schedules. Has a great diverse team. Easy to move up in the company, or be transferred to another department, or sister company. If you are interested in fashion, it's a good place to start.
It was fun
Memorial Dr. Unit #92 - Sales associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Calgary, AB5 junio 2019
The manager at the time was awesome so sweet. Scheduling was alright and pay also alright. Awesome coworkers. Overall the work was good I would work there again if the old manger was there.
Pros
Lunch break
Paid sucked
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?No 1Denunciar
Cultura laboral
Productive work enviorment with Many smiling faces.
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Delta, BC30 mayo 2019
Urban Planet is a good company for a first job, with many smiling faces and supportive staff this company really encourages its younger employees to have to confidence to go out and improve themselves and strive for success.
Pros
good enviorment for first job
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Prince Albert, SK29 mayo 2019
- typical day at work is relaxing/calm on non-busy days, and very energetic on busy days which made the days go by fast.
- Learned to socialize with customers, maintain clean work environment.. etc.
- Management was great and flexible.
- Hardest part was nothing, it was a great job.
- Most enjoyable was interacting with customers, and being able to meet their needs/standards.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?NoDenunciar
Este perfil ya ha sido reclamado

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Urban Planet. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.

Haz una pregunta