Valoraciones de Urban Planet

Mostrando las 370 valoraciones
Ordenar por: Utilidad | Calificación | Fecha
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Edmonton, AB14 junio 2019
During the time I was working there management was going through a rough patch. It was difficult because each leader would tell you something different so I personally wasn't sure what to do and what not to do. However once management got figured out it was a great company to work for. It was never a dull moment. The workers were great.
Pros
Great company
Customers were extremely disrespectful
Cultura laboral
Exciting environment with exciting people
Customer Service Representative (Antiguo empleado) –  Oshawa, ON11 junio 2019
Working for Urban planet was an eye opening experience, pertaining specifically to my abilities to multi task. I’m doing so, I’ve realized that this company was able to teach me new things with positive encouragement and an inviting tone.
Pros
Hours
Salary
Cultura laboral
Enjoyable atmosphere, Good first time job
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Surrey, BC11 junio 2019
It's a good place to work if you are trying to get customer service experience, if the hours are available, management is really good about providing you with flexible schedules. Has a great diverse team. Easy to move up in the company, or be transferred to another department, or sister company. If you are interested in fashion, it's a good place to start.
It was fun
Memorial Dr. Unit #92 - Sales associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Calgary, AB5 junio 2019
The manager at the time was awesome so sweet. Scheduling was alright and pay also alright. Awesome coworkers. Overall the work was good I would work there again if the old manger was there.
Pros
Lunch break
Paid sucked
Cultura laboral
Productive work enviorment with Many smiling faces.
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Delta, BC30 mayo 2019
Urban Planet is a good company for a first job, with many smiling faces and supportive staff this company really encourages its younger employees to have to confidence to go out and improve themselves and strive for success.
Pros
good enviorment for first job
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Prince Albert, SK29 mayo 2019
- typical day at work is relaxing/calm on non-busy days, and very energetic on busy days which made the days go by fast.
- Learned to socialize with customers, maintain clean work environment.. etc.
- Management was great and flexible.
- Hardest part was nothing, it was a great job.
- Most enjoyable was interacting with customers, and being able to meet their needs/standards.
Sad place to be
Cashier/Sales Associate/Fitting Room (Antiguo empleado) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 mayo 2019
I felt like I had to sell my soul and ditch all my morals to work under this company.
- Coworkers were often incredibly judgemental, very young (blond and white was the average employee).
- I was working 5+ hours with no break or 10 min break (they say this in the hand book, too, but a 15 minute break is LAW)
- Lower management was okay, but the higher up you go the ruder they get
- Pay minimum wage, job definitely wasn’t worth that little
- Get a ‘bag check’ when leaving the store, so you casually get accused of theft every shift
- Gave me an hour under fulltime status so I was basically fulltime without the benefits
- At my location they didn’t give us any ‘standing mats’
- Company Handbook had a lot of questionable/illegal ‘requirements’ in it, so they hire young people who don’t understand their rights
Overall I had a really negative experience, I would feel incredibly depressed leaving work, i was working two jobs because I needed the money and Urban Planet just wasn’t worth it.
Irresponsible company
Honestly nothing good
Assistant Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  Victoria, BC23 mayo 2019
The management hated their jobs and they were all very negative all the time with showed on their team, the customers that come in are usually very mean to the employees so you have to be very strong to make it through even just them. And honestly it’s a great way to learn retail just not in this Victoria location.
Pros
Great way too learn
Management, location, pay, hours
2,0
No Future for your sacrifices
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Erin Mills, ON21 mayo 2019
After working over two years for this company, I wish I could say I had something positive to say about them. From the management to head office, they really know how to screw over their workers.

After constantly asking for a raise for my efforts that no one else would handle, I was refused because I do not hold the title of a manager, which is absurd and a flat out lie

Management will do anything in their power to make sure they strive while leaving their workers behind.
Pros
Fun workers
Contras
No future, rude managers, rude head office
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 1NoDenunciar
2,0
ok
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Newmarket, ON21 mayo 2019
Shifts always go by super slow because the store is always empty. Started off at this job working 40 plus hours a week to eventually getting 0 week and having to quit.
Pros
hour lunch
not enough staff
Racist!
None yet (Antiguo empleado) –  Scarborough, ON17 mayo 2019
Store followed around an innocent mother for no reason. Staff is prejudice. They brought a cop in to follow this person for nothing. Only judge her by the clothes she wore. They staff are bullies don't pay them.
They are judgemental
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 2NoDenunciar
Cultura laboral
Good summer job for students
Sales Associate & Cashier (Antiguo empleado) –  Oshawa, ON8 mayo 2019
Your typical retail job, incoming employees will work the floor then have the option to be trained to be a cashier. Good hours and the people there are really nice.
Pros
Good hours
Cumbersome
Productive, fun, friendly
Cashier/Floor Clerk (Antiguo empleado) –  Oakville, ON7 mayo 2019
Urban Planet was a very productive, friendly working environment. Each day consisted of me altnerating between operating cash, fitting rooms or working the floor in general (folding clothes, helping customers, cleaning) and making sure everything is appealing to the customer.
Pros
Store discount
Contras
short breaks for time being worked.
Good first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Empleado actual) –  Calgary Alberta4 mayo 2019
The people I work with are very good. New hires only get 4.5-9 hours a week usually. After a year and a half working part time I average 20-25 a week earning minimum wage. The best part is my coworkers and managers. They are very friendly and approachable. Training is good as well and they allow for flexible schedules and changes.
Cultura laboral
Good experience for your first job.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Antiguo empleado) –  Vaughan, ON3 mayo 2019
Working here is a great experience for the beginning of your retail job. However, there isn't much room for advancement working there, the management works you to the bone by making you do sections outside of your own because other people just slack off.
You do make great friend connections working here though!
Pros
A 15 minute break outside of the lunch one/
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Winnipeg, MB1 mayo 2019
Working at urban planet was a good experience. Management was approachable and looked after their employees. Especially for me since I lived far from the location, they would give me rides home just so I'm safe. Work load spikes, depending on wether there is a sale or not but it's very doable.
Don’t do it
Visual Manager (Antiguo empleado) –  Toronto, ON30 abril 2019
Honestly not worth your time, if you’re looking for a part time or full time job, ANY other company will pay you better and treat you better. There are no pros of working for YM Inc, they will keep taking from you until you’ve had enough. Just save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else.
Longs hour, bad salary
Average
Sales Associate/Cashier (Antiguo empleado) –  Calgary, AB29 abril 2019
Sometimes not enough employees working so very stressful work environment. Coworkers were mostly pretty nice except for the odd few that were antisocial.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Unorganized, messy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración? 1NoDenunciar
discount on clothes
Key holder/Sales Associate (Antiguo empleado) –  Windsor, ON28 abril 2019
This company taught me a lot of floor plans. shipping and receiving clothes and gave me the opportunity to gain management skills. I enjoyed working with my co workers. my favorite part of the job was receiving new shipments and seeing the latest fashion. the hardest part of my job was inventory it was very time consuming.
Pros
great co workers
inventory
Cultura laboral
It's very fun and engaging
Cashier, Sales attendant (Empleado actual) –  3625 Shaganappi Trail NW, Calgary, AB T3A 0E226 abril 2019
Solid work, cant complain it's great really, staff is very pleasant, and enjoyable. :)

All very enjoyable to work with, they're a great team/family!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta valoración?NoDenunciar
Este perfil ya ha sido reclamado

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Urban Planet. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.

Haz una pregunta