I felt like I had to sell my soul and ditch all my morals to work under this company.
- Coworkers were often incredibly judgemental, very young (blond and white was the average employee).
- I was working 5+ hours with no break or 10 min break (they say this in the hand book, too, but a 15 minute break is LAW)
- Lower management was okay, but the higher up you go the ruder they get
- Pay minimum wage, job definitely wasn’t worth that little
- Get a ‘bag check’ when leaving the store, so you casually get accused of theft every shift
- Gave me an hour under fulltime status so I was basically fulltime without the benefits
- At my location they didn’t give us any ‘standing mats’
- Company Handbook had a lot of questionable/illegal ‘requirements’ in it, so they hire young people who don’t understand their rights
Overall I had a really negative experience, I would feel incredibly depressed leaving work, i was working two jobs because I needed the money and Urban Planet just wasn’t worth it.